Next to your home, your car is often the most expensive piece of property you own. As a result, it is important to seek the best product for the best value when buying insurance. To ensure that you have the proper protection, there are a number of things to consider:
Choosing the right deductible for you and your family is an important policy decision, which can also affect the total cost of the policy. A lower deductible for collision and comprehensive coverage means a lower out-of-pocket payment when an accident occurs. But, it can also mean a higher policy price tag. Higher deductibles are an easy way to lower your overall auto-insurance bill, but it is important to remember that if an accident occurs, you are responsible for paying your deductible first, before an insurance company will step in to assist financially. In many cases, the premium savings realized by switching to a higher deductible may be enough to offset the cost difference of an increased deductible in just a few years.
- Multi-Policy – By insuring your vehicle and home with us, you will receive a discount on your auto premium as well as your homeowners insurance premium.
- Multi-Car – If you insure two or more cars with us that are owned and used by individuals and/or relatives living in the same household, you receive a discount.
Good drivers who have no accidents or violations receive the most competitive rates, but there are other factors that can reduce your premium even further, including:
- Driver Training – Drivers under 21 years old who complete an accredited driver-training course will receive a premium discount.
- College Student – Young, unmarried, full-time college students who spend most of the school term away from home without the use of the vehicle are eligible for this discount.
- Age 55 & Over – Cars driven primarily by an insured who is age 55 or older receive a discount on the bodily injury, property damage, medical payments, personal injury protection, comprehensive and collision premiums.
- Accident Prevention Course – Drivers age 55 or older may receive an additional discount for successfully completing an approved Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course.
You can save even more money on your auto insurance by choosing a vehicle with the following safety equipment:
- Passive Restraints – If your vehicle is equipped with factory-installed, automatic seat belts or air bags, you will receive a discount on the medical payments or personal injury protection portion of your premium.
- Anti-Theft Devices – You may receive a discount on the comprehensive portion of your premium if your vehicle has active or passive anti-theft devices.
- Anti-Lock Brakes – Vehicles with factory–installed, anti-lock brake systems on all four wheels are eligible for this discount, which applies to the bodily-injury and property-damage coverages.
If you are interested in obtaining more information or a quote, contact us.