By: Nicole Vattimo
ErieSense posted an article that's especially relevant in these summer months, when the kiddies are out of school. The post addresses home playgrounds and how to keep them safe for use. The post advises homeowners to do these six things:
- Measure out a distinct play space.
- Make sure the playset is installed properly.
- Install a shock-absorbing surface beneath the playground (i.e. mulch, wood chips or shredded rubber).
- Check the hardware for sharp, exposed edges, and to be sure it's not rusted.
- Be sure there are no fall hazards by installing guardrails on ramps or platforms.
- Perform regular monthly maintenance on the playset.
For more information on these tips, check out Erie's blog post: https://www.erieinsurance.com/blog/home-playground-safety.
For questions about your homeowners insurance, always contact your agent.