Who Insures Interior Improvements In Your Rented Office Space

By: Nicole Vattimo

If you lease a building or office for your business, did you know it is your responsibility to insure interior improvements and alterations? If you are renovating the interior of your rented office space, talk to your insurance agent about insuring things like: flooring, light fixtures, wall coverings, wiring, plumbing, cabinets, shelving, or anything else that is attached to the ceiling, walls, or floors.

It is not usually your landlord's responsibility to insure these types of items. And, if you don't add them to your business policy, you may be underinsured.

For more on this topic, check out ErieSensehttps://www.erieinsurance.com/blog/business-betterment-general-business?utm_source=businessbuzz&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Agent_June_BusinessSense_27062017_141234&utm_content=22957579&utm_term=_141234_141241.